Sunday, July 18, 2010

gluten free sweet and sour meatballs...

I've been really enjoying eating real meals lately...all gluten, dairy and egg free. I've completed day 7 of no cheating whatsoever and my skin is slowly clearing up...I'm also not as itchy...slowly but surely I know my body will repair the damage and I wont have to be fighting the many symptoms all my life. Here below is the meatball recipe I promised.

Gluten free sweet and sour meatballs

1 1/2 cups ground beef

1/2 cup rice bread crumbs

1/8 cup water

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

any spices/herbs you enjoy....for example a bit of garlic (I cant use garlic so I omit it from most of my recipes)

Mix together, form into small balls and place into a greased pan. Bake at 425 uncovered for 15 minutes, then pour overtop the following sauce:

Sauce: Mix together

1/2 cup vinegar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup ketchup

1/2 cup water

1/2 tsp salt

Once you poured the sauce over the meatballs, mix it all up then cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes,

If your oven gets super hot you can of course use lower temperatures. My oven is old and weird:)

Serve over gluten free pasta.

Now I will show you what I used. In the future I'd like to try to make these ingredients myself but for now the convenience of having some things ready made is helping me stay on track!

Here are the bread crumbs I used in the recipe...

And the pasta I used broken into smaller pieces..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, those look wonderful!
Your site looks awesome. I love it!:) Thanks for sharing another yummy recipe. I'll have to give it a try next time we decide to do meatballs. (((Hugs)))

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...