Tuesday, November 30, 2010

~Buttermilk donuts recipe and today's post~

Now for today's recipe...the best donuts EVER!! Oh they are so so good!


I made these delicious doughnuts for Thanks giving as a treat, uploaded the pictures, forgot about them and never added the recipe. Here it sat in my "drafts" dead!!:):)

But they are so good that i simply HAVE to share. they taste as good as what you'd buy in a bakery and I was VERY pleased with how they came out!


Buttermilk doughnuts
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
4 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp instant yeast
Place ingredients into your bread machine in the order listed and let the machine knead it then remove immediately. Shape into doughnuts by ripping off a piece of dough slightly smaller than the size of a golf ball. flatten with the palm of your hand and poke a hole in the middle. Stick your thumb in the whole and your index finger on the outside of the doughnut while holding it in the palm of your hand with your other hand or as it sits on a flat surface. Slightly press with your finger and thumb round and round the doughnut until you reach all the way around. This is how you shape it if you do not own a cutter:) Clear as mud?
Let rise until doubled then deep fry in hot oil. Roll in powdered sugar or top with icing.
Maple cinnamon icing recipe to follow.

19 comments:

Stace said...

wow they look devine!!! on my treat day i may just have to make a batch! ;)

4kids1mom said...

Ohhhhhhhh those look delicious!!! Thank you for posting the recipe. I'm going to try it!! Yummy!!!

Karen said...

Looks awesome! I requested an electric skillet for Christmas so I can make things like doughnuts that require oil at a certain temperature.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am going to have to try these!!!!!!!!!!! Your pumpkin muffins have been a HUGE hit. I have made them a few times and everyone that I give them to love them. THanks.

Anonymous said...

oh no! I've been wanting to make donuts! guess I'll have to! lol! :D

Anonymous said...

The donuts look delish : ) and the the frosting so easy : ) def will try this! Thanks for sharing..

Manda said...

those look sooooo delicious! but totally naughty!!!!! i'm back online after a year trying to catch up!!!!! hope you're doing great!

Zsuzsanna said...

Mmmm, these sound and look fantastic. I will be making them for breakfast tomorrow. Thanks for posting!

Zsuzsanna said...

Just stopping by again to let you know I made them for breakfast, and that they are THE BEST doughnuts we have ever had. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Tereza said...

Oh I'm glad you liked them!

Laura said...

Just made these today, they came out great!! We got about 5 dozen donuts from the batch :)

Anonymous said...

Got it thanks!

Unknown said...

I have a quick question...without the bread machine, can I hand mix these...perhaps low speed...what do you recommend? The recipe looks just wonderful! Thanks in advance for any advice!

Tereza said...

Yes John you most certainly can!! Even hand knead , which I have done and they came out great as long as you do a thorough kneading job! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

oh, thanks so much! This is John's wife, Kelly:) Sorry I didn't state that! I am going to try this treat with the children this evening! I showed one of my daughter's the pic you had on here, and she said, "oooh, yummy". Thanks for posting, and being a help to others in this way!

Tereza said...

Your welcome! Hope it turns out!

Unknown said...

Wow!!!! We just made them and they are terrific! We halved the recipe.....and that was an accident! :)

Tereza said...

Glad you liked it its a favorite around here too!

Jessi said...

Hi, Tereza. I was trying to find your e-mail address, but I think it is probably in my other computer that crashed, so I decided to come post a comment over here. Tonight I found several of your recent comments on my blog that somehow got overlooked and never published. I'm so sorry about that. Things have been rather crazy lately since we started school up again, and about all I've managed to keep consistent when it comes to the computer is my one-post-a-week rule. Other areas of my life have become a bit disorganized I'm afraid. Ha Ha

Anyway, when I got on your blog, I became very interested in your recipes, specially in this donut recipe because I was planning to make donuts tomorrow. Now I think I'm going to try your recipe. From what some others have said in the comments, your recipe will make quite a bit of dough. I was wondering if the dough would freeze well? Then I could thaw batches at a time to cook for my family. Thanks for posting!

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...