Wednesday, October 20, 2010

~Easy banana bread and a productive morning~

This day is going well...last night I did finish my to do list after the littl kids were in bed so the house feels fresh and today I left the computer OFF until I cleaned up, baked banana bread and had a friend come by for tea,a nd picked up Austin from kindergarten. So now it's break time while the littles watch cartoons!!

Here is the banana bread recipe I love. It makes 2 loaves and is a great way to use up overripe bananas which I had plenty of today!

(the pic below is an older one of my daughters helping! Since then her hair grew down to her waist!!! She still bakes to this day! Love my enthusiastic helpers:)

I used a different recipe before but the center would stay gooey. Not to mention that it only made one loaf which is not a whole lot for my brood:):) Doubling recipes doesn't work for every recipe out there especially not for one that isn't so good to begin with. The below recipe has been sitting in my cookbook for ages. It was off the net someplace. I never did find that blog again. Anyhow the author said she doubled and even tripled it. So I looked it over and changed it just a touch to goo-proof it and here it is! Yum.

Easy banana bread:

Ingredients:

  • 6 overripe, mashed bananas
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup oil
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3 1/2 cups flour

Method:

Divide mixture and spread evenly into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake covered with tin foil at 350F for about 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and finish baking. Bake until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf. Cool on wire rack and slice to desired thickness.



Enjoy!!

4 comments:

missionaryomma said...

These look delicious and moist. I just made banana muffins with my daughter today wish I had seen this first.

Such sweet memories getting our daughters in the kitchen. Did you grow up like that? I didn't.

Tereza said...

no I didn't grow up like that though my mom taught me the basics of cooking when I was about 12 or 13

Anonymous said...

We are huge fans of banana bread. Love it. I am always looking for different recipes of the banana bread. Who knew, there are so many. But yours looks great.

Tereza said...

Hello sophie:) that one is actually a regular banana bread. I'm the only one tat eats gf in the whole family of 11 people so I'm always making big batches of regular food and small batches of GF food for myself:) You can find all my gluten free recipes thus far in the sidebar!

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...