Thursday, October 21, 2010

~Pumpkin muffins~

Since it's fall and fall means pretty leaves, fresh cool air, apples and PUMPKINS....I thought it was fitting to post this fun recipe. I made last fall and I remember them to be light and fluffy and oh so yummy.

1 egg

1/3 c butter or margarine

3/4 c sugar

1 1/2 c cooked mashed pumpkin

1/2 tsp salt (if using unsalted butter or margarine)
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1 tsp cinnamon

after you have the dough in the muffin forms mix 1 tsp with 2 tsp sugar and sprinkle on top before baking. Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. It was a big hit at our house!

5 comments:

The Skinny Turtle said...

Yum. These sound really super yummy. I'm gonna have to try them out. ;-)

Have you posted any gluten free pumpkin muffin recipes? I could go look... but I'm too lazy. ;-)

Anonymous said...

These sounds so good and simple to make. Thanks for sharing.

Chris@Joyful Mother said...

I have this really yummy chocolate chip pumpkin muffin recipe I need to make. I don't use fresh pumpkin though just the canned stuff. It's is good. I'm sure if you added chocolate chips to yours is would taste yummy...

I love chocolate chips though. :)

Chris xoxo

Anonymous said...

YUM! I'm keeping this one.:) Thank you. (((hugs))))

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to try these soon!

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...