Monday, April 25, 2011

~Cream cheese frosting~

I was all out of lunchbox goodies so I decided to make cinnamon rolls .


The kids love it when the kitchen is covered in flour and goo:):) They know the end result will be something yummy in the tummy!!! If you've browsed through this blog of recipes you will know by now that I like to use simple, on hand ingredients and simple methods of preparation!! The less fuss the better!! I'm pleased to share with you a very easy and effective (not to mention yummy!!) recipe for making cream cheese frosting.
Frosting is different then icing. Frosting is made using the cooking method and icing is just mixed and blended to perfection. Frosting is hot when poured over baked goods and then hardens a little as it cools off.
Easy cream cheese frosting



Ingredients:






  • 1/2 cup cream cheese





  • 1/4 cup milk





  • 1/2 tsp vanilla





  • 1 1/2 cups icing sugar


Method:



Melt the first 3 ingredients in a deep pan on your stove stirring constantly. Then gradually add the icing sugar and keep stirring until the whole mixture is melted and well blended. Pour over your baked goods while still hot and allow to cool before serving (or if your like my kids then eat it all before it has a chance to cool off:):):)

YUM!!! Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Nadine said...

those look yummy but not good for my waist issues...lol

Sorry I have to answer the chia seed question here but for some reason I am not allowed on your other site..gotta love technology...

as for the seeds...measure 1/2 of chia seeds and mix them with 4 cups of your favorite milk ( cows milk or almond milk)mix them with a hand wisk (NOT the electric kind)when it is thick...add your favorite chopped up fruits and refrigerate at least one hour before eating...I make this every single week...even hubby like this...it is good for stabilizing blood sugar levels...let me know how it works for you....I make mine with homemade almond milk that I sweeten with dates and vanilla extract...so yummy...good luck:)

Tereza said...

Thanks so much Nadine!

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...