Monday, October 14, 2019

Pumpkin pie

I just realized this morning that I have never put up my pumpkin pie recipe! I have two delicious pumpkin pies in the oven as I type this:) 
HAPPY THANKS GIVING to all fellow Canadians out there :)

This recipe yields 2 pies

Pumpkin pie: 

Ingredients: 

- 4 eggs 
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt 
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger root or 1tsp ginger powder
- zest of one lemon (optional but VERY good!)
- 1/4 cup melted butter 
- 4 small cans puréed pumpkin or 2 large cans 
- 2 pie crusts 

Method: 
Use your kitchen aid mixer if you have one or a whisk to blend everything together nicely starting with the eggs and sugar then adding the rest. 
Pour into two unbaked pie crusts and bake at 400 for 20 min then at 350 for 45 minutes more . Do keep checking on your pies as ovens tend to differ in their performance. I’ve had an oven before that I swear was hotter than the temperature I set it at. I’ve also had an oven that seemed way cooler on the exact same temperature setting! 
Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake  though... the filling does firm up some more as it cools!
Serve with whipped cream and a smile:)
Enjoy! 





No comments:

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...