Wednesday, October 13, 2010


I'm sitting here typing again (this was last night...I feel much better this morning!) and not feeling bad about it either:) Actually I'm feeling pretty sick today and just took some Tylenol gel caps.

I was thinking earlier how my quality of life has improved through simply not feeling guilty about taking a break. I sued to go 24/7...as I get a touch older I just can't do that without turning into a major witch!:):) If I have an "off" day it's OK...that's not being selfish...it's called being tired and taking care of myself!! It's so nice not to feel condemnation for every little thing. I'm a person too and a person with a very hard job! I've read and heard people say who have worked outside the home for many years before having children that motherhood is way harder....that it's the hardest job they've ever done! I'm finally starting to believe them. I've never known jobs outside of motherhood...all I know is that by the end of the day I am completely and utterly DONE...kaput...exhausted:)

And you know what?........I'm not ashamed to admit it. My job IS HARD and now wonder I'm tired. No wonder I need a distraction sometimes...or just a break to read on the porch, or blog, or write in my journal book, or copy down a quote or verse in my prayer journal, or call someone on the phone. Life is so much nicer with balance. And some of that balance is in my control. The rest?...Well the rest God gives grace for and doesn't give me more than I can bear!

What is there not to be thankful for?

PS: don't forget to check out this weeks kitchen tip HERE

1 comment:

Karen said...

Very true! I tell my husband that I need to be available 24/7/365 so I need to manage my energy for what is important....which includes taking breaks so that my energy lasts all day and all week and all year!

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...