Friday, December 3, 2010

~just some morning musings and lasagna~

Next week I will be posting some holiday recipes for all to enjoy. Last year I tried a few new things that we all loved so this year I'll be using those recipes again. Until next week though I will continue to add some of my other recipes and foodie posts:)Below is one for this morning:



I do realize just about everyone knows how to make lasagna. But in case you are looking for a good one I thought I’d share how we make it cause well……we like it:)

First off I use lean ground beef which I brown and pour off the fat. Then I add LOTS of chopped onions and some salt, pepper, and garlic powder and a little bit of water. I cook this covered for about 15 minutes and add tomato sauce and tomato paste.
I use the HUNTS brand the red can (it’s 3 cheese) and just a generic brand of tomato paste. I mix this all in real well and let it come back to a boil. Then I lay down some oven ready lasagna noodles in the bottom of a pan and pour half the meat sauce on top. Then I lay another layer of noodles on top of that and spread it thickly with cottage cheese and sour cream. Then I pour the rest of the meat sauce on top and add another layer of noodles. I then spread a generous layer of sour cream on the noodles and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. I bake this covered at 375F for about 25 minutes and uncovered until the cheese looks done.

This is very yummy served with Cesar salad and garlic bread!

bestest lasagna:)
Don't forget to check out the marble squares from last night!

No comments:

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...