Saturday, December 14, 2019

Blender pancakes that are also vegan if that’s what you’re looking for :)

I bring you our breakfast from this morning:) This is a gluten free, dairy free and egg free pancake. If you have food allergies or you are vegan, this is perfect or you! I'm not vegan but do have food allergies and have to keep my gluten, dairy and egg intake way down otherwise I don't feel well. True story..a few months ago I was going overboard with NOT watching what I eat and ended up in the hospital. So there you go:)

Blender pancakes

3 cups unsweetened coconut milk
3 cups quick oats
3 slightly overripe bananas
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
handful of pecans
1 cup frozen blueberries

Place all the ingredients except the pecans and blueberries into a blender and blend until smooth (ish). Then add the pecans and blend just enough to break up the pecans but not to the point where they become liquid:) Next stir in the blueberries and DO NOT blend.
Use a 1/8 cup measuring cup to drop the batter onto a hot, buttered pan. You can use coconut oil for this is you're a vegan. I used butter because I'm willing to allow that much dairy in my diet and i like the taste with pancakes:)

When you flip them...be more gentle and careful than you would with regular pancakes...they are a bit more fragile.
Enjoy!



My cooking blog is a hobby for me and plus my kids use it. I'm not interested in making it look professional:) My pics are with my phone and not staged.



Serve with a pat of butter and some aunt Jemima :)





YUM!
Leave me a comment if you tried these!!

No comments:

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...