Friday, March 25, 2011

~Large batch of cinnamon rolls by hand~

Mmmm fresh cinnamon rolls for a weekend breakfast! Yes the kids were pleased:):)
Here they are in their infrosted glory... And in their frosted glory! Yes they were soooo gooooood. All 43 of um gone in ONE DAY!!








Large batch cinnamon rolls
Heat in microwave until all is melted:
1 cup water
1 cup milk
1 cup butter
Add it to:
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
7 cups flour
2 tbs yeast
you will also need a bit of flour for kneading
Knead well (you may wish to use the method for kneading found HERE)
Allow to rise about 45 min to 1 hr (you may wish to use the oven rising method posted HERE)
Once risen, cut in to equal portions and roll out one at a time. Spread with a generous amount of butter then sprinkle with a generous amount of brown sugat and cinnamon. Roll up and cut into 1 1/2 inch slices. Place on buttered cookie sheets with each piece touching. Cover and allow to rise for about 30 min or so. Bake at 350F for about 15 min. Spread with cream cheese topping. YUM!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! I bet these were so good!

Patty said...

Oh my gosh those look SO GOOD! I've never made them at home before, but I'm totally willing to try these. My 14 yr old just asked if we can do something fun tomorrow too. :)

I wanted to tell you also, I gave you a blog award! You can check it out at http://chaotictendancies.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-lovely-blog-award.html

Patty
My Chaotic Home

Patty said...

Don't mean to spam your comments, but wanted to let you know I made these with my daughter today. SOO YUMMY!! I took pics! http://chaotictendancies.blogspot.com/2011/03/cinnamon-rolls.html

Patty

Living a blissful life said...

I made these with my, very soon to be 2 year old, daughter and we both had so much fun! This was my first time making these from scratch and I will definitely be doing it again. I do have a question though. How think do you roll out the dough? One batch came out super thick and the other under cook and to thin. Any tips?

Tereza said...

Patty I checked it out! Looks like you both had fun:) Glad people are trying the recipe!

Living a blissful life:
i cut the dough exactly in half so I have 2 equal portions then I roll out one at a time. I dont roll it out thick but not paper thin either. I'll try to make a video demonstration soon!

Laura said...

These are wonderful! And.........if you are pressed for time, they work well with no rising time. Mix, knead, roll, and cut. Put in the pans and right into the hot oven! They are not huge and fluffy this way, but they do rise some, and are very good. We have made this recipe 3 times now, and it is a keeper :)

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...