Thursday, March 24, 2011

~Large batch white and whole wheat sandwich buns by hand!~





Whole wheat sandwhich buns
4 3/4 cups hot water
3/4 cup bacon fat or butter (VERY good with the bacon fat!)
4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
12 cups flour (whole wheat or all white or a combo)
6 tsp instant yeast
additional flour for kneading~about 1/2 cup or so
Knead well (you may want to use the method posted HERE) then coat in oil, cover and set to rise (you may wish to use the rising method posted HERE~the oven one) Once risen (about an hour to an hour and a half) rip off pieces slightly larger than the size of a golf ball. Shape (you may wish to use the method posted in the video below) and set on greased pans.
Cover and set to rise again. (about a half hour to 3/4 hour) Once risen bake in 350F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool in pans or on wire rack. I bag mine up and freeze once totally cooled. To thaw just remove from freezer and leave the bag open. Enjoy! Let me know if you've tried it and if you've blogged about it so I can link to you!!



3 comments:

Jessi said...

Thanks so much for this recipe. I can't wait to try it. I will let you know when I do!

Jessi said...

I made the buns last yesterday and we love them! My husband raved about them and stated that I'd be making those again! Thanks so much for the recipe. I wrote a post about it today on my blog!

Tereza said...

So glad they turned out for ya! Makes posting the recipes worth it!

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...