Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lower calorie peanut butter balls

I posted a recipe recently that a friend gave me that I really liked ... Today I made a lower calorie version and even calculated the nutritional content per piece!  It is also dairy, egg and wheat free. Enjoy!


Lower cal peanut butter balls

2 cups uncooked quick oats
1/3 cup agave nectar
2 squirts vanilla stevia drops
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup water 
1 cup ground flax seeds
1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips 

Let the kitchen aid mix well . Form into 30 normal sized cookie balls. Chill before serving

96 cal
5.3 g fat
10.7 g carbs
2.8 protein
4.5 % iron 



U could go a step further and use PB2 instead of peanut butter... It's a powdered peanut paste you reconstitute with water and it doesn't have the oil in it as regular peanut butter does.... That would drastically reduce the calories and fat in this recipe! 

Anyways I'm happy with how this tastes . Let me know if you have tried this.

2 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

those look delicious! my daughter makes
the full calorie/full sugar ones. maybe i
could make some low sugar ones now that
i have your recipe.

Cinnamon said...

We've made variations of this before. Soo yummy! They go so quickly too.

Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy your recipes.

~Cinnamon

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...