Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Gluten free mocha cake

This cake is super fluffy and nothing like a store bought gluten free cake. If covered in plastic wrap, it will stay moist for days!




Gluten Free Mocha cake

Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 cup softened butter 
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup plant milk
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
3 tablespoons instant coffee powder dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1 1/4 cup gluten free pancake mix (bobs red mill)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

In a little dish melt the instant coffee in the 2 tablespoons of boiling water and set aside
In another little dish mix together your lemon juice and plant milk and set aside
Whisk your eggs in your kitchen aid or large mixing bowl then add the sugar and butter and mix real well. Then add in all the rest of your wet ingredients including your coffee and plant milk mixtures and mix well. Now add your dry ingredients and mix well one last time. Pour into a buttered 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350F until toothpick comes out clean (about 20-25 min but all ovens vary!) Do not over-bake!

Ice with your favourite icing. On this occasion my icing was made with butter, icing sugar, tiny bit of soy creamer and instant coffee melted in a tiny bit of hot water. Delicious!

If you love this recipe please leave a comment! I would love to know if people enjoy my recipes:)


1 comment:

Mrs. Ever Green said...

Hi, I am going to have to try this. I just started going gluten free yesterday to see if it helps with some of my health issues (I have an autoimmune disease) and you have so many great looking recipes. I used to read your regular blog but lost you when you moved it. Going through my old blog bookmarks I found this one. I remember reading when your youngest 2 were born and all your kids were still living at home. I'm glad I found you again. If you are still blogging I'd love to read it. Thanks for all the yummy gf recipes to try. Giving up gluten is a little scary since it seems to be in almost everything I love to eat.
Karen

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...