Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Gluten/dairy/sugar free oats


Oatmeal is naturally gluten free but is normally contaminated because it is processed in the same processing plant as wheat. I did however find oats at the health food store that is processed in a special processing plant used only for gluten free grains.
Here is how I make my gluten free/dairy free/sugar free oats.
I cook up some GF rolled oats according to the directions on the package. Then while it is still hot I add some frozen blueberries ad let it sit a little bit until the berries thaw in the hot oats. The blueberries add natural sweetness! Then I mix in chopped apples and some apple sauce. The apple sauce is the secret!! It makes the oats tasty and moist without the addition of cream or milk. Sprinkle with cinnamon and there you have a nourishing meal that is completely gluten free and still tastes just as good!!:)
for EXTRA sweetness you can drizzle on a bit of agave...however I don't think this is necessary unless you have a real sweet tooth!

No comments:

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...