Monday, May 3, 2010

gluten dairy egg free pancakes

I'm sitting here by the computer for a short while as my babies finish their breakfast in their highchairs. they are munching on sausage pieces and oranges:) I felt like this was a good time to post one of my own breakfast foods:) hopefully someone out there can use it:) Pancakes:
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp gluten/aluminum free baking powder
sprinkle of cinnamon
1/3 cup apple sauce
1 tbs light tasting olive oil
1/4 cup rice milk
1/4 tsp pure vanilla

Prepare as you would any other pancake recipe:)

For variation try adding:
1/4 cup quick cooking gluten free certified oats (health food store!)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries

For homemade syrup:) (no additives and weird ingredients and also no dairy!)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbs rice milk
bring to a bubbly boil and pour over pancakes.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look and sound so great. Can you find that flour and baking powder in a regular grocery store?

Tereza said...

The recipe for the flour mix is in the sidebar. The baking powder I found at the grocery store in the health foods isle:)

missionarymomma said...

So pretty. So nice of you to post all of these. I have been realizing my daughter and maybe a couple of other children likely need gluten free. If only I can do it.

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...