Friday, October 8, 2010

Whole wheat bread for smaller bread machines

Look at that bread! Isn't it huge?
Whole wheat bread for 4c capacity bread machines:

1 and 2/3 cups hot water or buttermilk (use buttermilk if you plan on using this bread over several days. The buttermilk keeps the bread softer longer)
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs brown sugar
3 tbs oil or bacon fat (bacon fat produces a VERY tasty loaf!)
4 cups WW flour
2 tsp instant yeast

Set to WW cycle (3:40min)
For the white bread recipe click HERE
If you have a larger machine click HERE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohoh, I will bring the homemade butter :)

Sherah said...

I *think* my machine can handle 4 cups of flour! Guess I'll find out. =) I'm excited to try this one...I have yet to find a tasty ww recipe for my size bread machine.

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...