Sunday, April 3, 2011

~Hungarian paprikas krumpli~

Well we are back from our trip and now I have unpacking and a doctors appointment to go to. I'm letting the kids sleep in and go to school later as they didn't go to bed until about 11pm. I didn't take pictures of our weekend....I just enjoyed it and skipped the constant use of my camera:) Below is the recipe of a quick yet delicious Hungarian meal I made last weekend. Paprikas krumpli ("krumpli" means potato by the way so it translates to potato paprikas) Ingredients:

  • 10-12 potatoes cut into small chunks

  • 1 pkg of wieners cut into bite sized chunks

  • 1 large onion diced

  • 1 large red pepper diced

  • 2 heaping tablespoons of tomato paste or half a cup of canned crushed tomatoes

  • 2 tbs of cooking oil

  • 1/2 tbs minced garlic

  • 1 tbs vegeta (vegetable seasoning, turns out well without it as well but this seasoning adds more flavour)

  • salt and pepper to taste

  • 1/2 tbs paprika powder

Method:


Saute onions and peppers in oil and add tomato paste and spices. Mix in your wieners and potatoes and add just enough water to almost cover your mixture. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer (stir every once in a while) until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes. To make this a hearty meal, serve with fresh bread and a salad. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Nadine said...

hmmm...there's another quick meal I can make for my non healthy vegetarian family members...my father lives here and he won't eat any of my "good" foods...he will go as far as to eat at McDonald's if I don't have something for him to eat..

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...