Friday, June 10, 2011

~Sweet potato fries YUM!~

The other day I made fries. But not just any fries but sweet potato fries!!!!!
You start by peeling and wiping the sweet potato (no washing if possible or wash then dry) Then slicing them thin but not paper thin.


Next you take the slices and cut them up again into strips like the thickness of fries at McDonalds.
Then you coat the sweet potatoes with flour by mixing them around in a big mixing bowl with a cup of flour in it.



Meanwhile preheat some oil in a pan then fry them up until nice and crispy.

Be sure to place fries in a paper towel lined dish to get the extra oil off. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately!






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K. I'm going to copy you!! Tho's look really good~
I NEVER had sweet potatoes growing up, my mom said she didn't like them.. So I am just now learning HOW wonderfully good they ARE!!!! YUMMMMMY good stuff!

Mommy to three said...

This sounds so yummy, how hot do you make your oil and do you use just regular canola or corn oil? I'd love to get my kids to eat these rather than regular potato fries.

Tereza said...

I dont measure the temp...I'd say about the same as you would do for regular fries. Hot but not so hot that it burns it right away:)

4kids1mom said...

These look good Tereza! We've had sweet potatoe tater tots before in a restaurant! :)

www.babyhomepages.net/tenlittleinions said...

These look so good. I wonder if they could be baked?

Tereza said...

Stacey I never tried that. Let me know how they turn out if you try it!

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...