Friday, September 30, 2011

~Heavenley bars~

This is an old recipe given to me by someone else then turned into a bigger recipe to make a 9x13 pan. It's really really yummy and dissapears super fast:) The name has history:) My daughter named it heavenly bars when I asked her if she liked them....her reply?
" When I take a bite..the angels in heaven sing hallelujah" :):):):):)
For some reason it either dissapeared from this site or I forgot to add it!!! So the other day when I wanted to make these again I came on here to look up the recipe and it was nowhere to be found. So here I am posting it again for my records and for your enjoyment! Melt in a large pot:
~1 3/4 cups butter
~1 cup brown sugar
~2 tsp vanilla

Remove from heat and stir in:
~6 cups quick oats

Spread half of that mixture in a greased 9x13 pan.

In a medium saucepan melt:
~1 cup peanut butter
~2 cups chocolate chips
~1/4 cup water

Once melted and stirred smooth spread that mixture on top of the oat base. Now sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture on top of the chocolate layer. Spread around evenly and pat down as hard as you can. It helps if you wet your hands a little as the oat mixture wont stick on your hands so bad. Chill in fridge for a few hours or in the freezer for half an hour. Enjoy.




No comments:

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...