Thursday, September 22, 2011

~Home made playdough~

This particular recipe will keep well for a LONG time! We had our last batch for about 2 years:) It was time to make a new one cause it started turning a funky green colour:) This recipe makes A LOT of play dough which is great because the kids can make alot of things with it for long periods of time! gotta keep um busy I say:) You can make more than one batch in different colours or split up this batch and make several colors. I just made it all on color. Either way it's super fun and kids can help!

PLAY DOUGH:
4c flour
1c salt
8tbs cream oft tartar
4c lukewarm water
1tsp food colouring(or more if you like it to look a darker colour)
4tbs vegetable oil

mix dry ingredients in a pot.
mix wet ingredients with food colouring
dump wet ingredients into the pot
mix well and cook while constantly stirring until the dough begins to seperate from the sides of the pot.


Turn out onto slightly floured surface and knead well. Use gloves as the dough will be quite hot!
We store it in an empty peanut butter jar:) Look at the "guy" waiting for his new teeth!:)






Have fun making your own!!:) This is great for busy toddlers such as mine!!:)



3 comments:

4kids1mom said...

This has been the BEST recipe I've ever used. I made this about 8 months ago - and we're still using it! ☺

Tereza said...

So glad your enjoying it!!

Cinnamon said...

I just made play dough yesterday but I think I will try this recipe. I always lose my play dough recipe. Isn't that silly!

Good to come visit you again...been busy over here :-)

~Cinnamon

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...