Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pecan pie bars

Its been a while since i updated here regularly! somehow in the business of moving to a new house, summer holidays, kids starting their new schools, and everyday life with now FOUR teenagers and five younger children.... well this blog got neglected!! we do however cook and bake still:) and i am excited to pull my younger children into the kitchen with me again. the older ones grew up with such a memory and i want the younger kids to experience that as well!
i will be trying new recipes and adding them here... of course if its not my very own creation i will give credit to where credit is due:)

today i have a lot to do as i get ready for out of town company! lots of laundry to fold! i will be making Hungarian beef stew, fresh rolls, mashed potatoes and salad for tonight.

This recipe below is one I tried out of a cookbook that has been siting in my cupboard for ages:)

It was quite yummy and easy to whip up so I thought I'd add it here

Chewy pecan pie bars

1/4 cup melted butter
2 cups brown sugar
2/3 cup all purpose flour
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups chopped pecans
Icing sugar for sprinkling

Pour butter into the bottom of a 9x13 pan and set aside

Mix up the rest of the ingredients and spread over butter. Bake in 350f oven for about 20 min. Oven vary I find.... For example in this house the oven takes longer at the same temp. So keep your eye on it as its baking!! In my old house 15 min would have done it!

Credit: taste of home potluck pg:185

I made no changes to this recipe







No comments:

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...