Friday, January 21, 2011

Peanut butter chocolate balls

I was craving something sweet. I wanted something quick. I wanted something chewy and something a little crunchy. I definitely wanted some chocolate(who doesn't???). I needed to use ingredients already in the house. The kids were playing...er...trashing the downstairs(ha ha just kidding...well maybe!:):) Hubby and oldest were on the computer. Baby girl was asleep. I was alone. This recipe was born!!!!!:):):)


Peanut butter chocolate balls
Ingredients:

~ 2 cups peanut butter

~1 cup corn syrup

~1/2 tbs vanilla

~3/4 cup water

~1 cup brown sugar

~5 cups quick oats

~3 cups rice crispies

~3 cups chocolate chips

Method:

In a large sauce pan melt the first 5 ingredients in the above list. Blend it all thoroughly with a wooden spoon then add the oats and heat through. Remove from heat and add the rice crispies (I dumped it all into a big mixing bowl at this point. My pan was too small:) Mix well then add the chocolate chips and mix well again. Next drop with a table spoon size measuring spoon onto a wax paper lined (or simply a greased) pan or tray. Chill in fridge for two hours before serving.



In case you are wondering.....I did make a gluten free version with less sugar but equally good....recipe coming soon!

No comments:

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...