Friday, July 16, 2010

Surviving the gluten/dairy/egg free lifestyle:)

It's hard when you are cooking for your family who has no allergies!!! By the time I'm done with that I have no desire to make anything for myself and end up either going hungry or cheating!!! Well in the last few weeks I've been cheating and all my symptoms reappeared!!!
I felt like my body was falling apart!!! So of course I went back to taking care of myself. Time or no time I have to do it and so I've been making some yummy things for myself. One trick to ensure I have stuff to eat is to cook simultaneously along with what I'm making for my lovely, hungry family. If I don't do this I just end up not cooking for myself..I mean who wants to cook twice?

I take two mixing bowls and add and mix the ingredients for my gluten free concoction first with clean measuring utensils etc. Then in the second mixing bowl I make the exact same thing but in it's regular form useing the measuring utensils I used for the gluten free food. This way I am not contaminating my gluten free diet.

For example On this picture you see some banana/chocolate chip bread and muffins....if you look carefully you see the gluten/dairy and egg free version cooling int he back...they are a little smaller than the regular ones..see them? Oh I'll tell you they were good!



I also made myself a personal size loaf of "white bread":) It was good with peanut butter!



And some yummy sweet and sour meatballs with pasta! My family ate the same thing in it's regular form...I was happy:)


I will be posting the recipe for the meatballs in a separate post soon!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

:-) When life downs brought my daughter back home with he special diet, I did my best to just eat as she does...
but she is just off glûten and milk products. I wanted to show we could eat together around the same table. She had her own bread, own pasta but after that we all had the same as her! (but we have young adults around now!)

Anonymous said...

First, Love the look.

Thanks for sharing your journey with you eating. I admire how you put the effort in taking care of yourself.

Blessings.

Virginia Revoir said...

You are so amazing and I love what a good cook you are. I have a question for you.

what kinds of things bother you? What are your symptoms. MY husband is very affected by food and has IBS.

I hope you don't mind that I added your site to one of my tabs on my Meet Chaz blog.

Virginia Revoir said...

Here

http://meetchaz.blogspot.com/p/gluten-free-recipes.html

Tereza said...

virginia: my symptoms are: bloating, gas, frequent runny stools(to the point of having to be careful about going out!), rashes and sores,dark cirlces under eyes, blothchy skin, dull hair, constant stomach aches,nausea,

Tereza said...

oh and extreme fatigue!

Virginia Revoir said...

Oh my gosh! That's crazy! I can see why you have to make it a point to make your food separate. You have a big family too and to be the only one that has to eat gluten free must be frustrating at times.

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...