Sunday, March 13, 2011

Large batch of Buttermilk rolls by hand

These are some very tasty rolls my kidlets enjoy very much with dinner. Goes GREAT with chili and similar foods such as stew. Seems like I'm always baking lately! Below are different views of bunches of buttermilk rolls. As you can see I've made this often and they always turn out great. You are supposed to make them small like any dinner roll but I tend to get carried away and make them a bit bigger and use the leftovers for sandwiches the next day:) But you can do whatever you want....there is more than one way to do EVERYTHING!!!! The point of this blog is to keep all my recipes in one place that my kids can log onto to use when away from home (I'm thinking daughters when they marry and have their own homes!) The point isn't to say that THIS is the one and only way to cook/bake etc. In almost all my recipes were born out of diversity...trying this and that until I got something I liked! This is most true with BREAD and ROLLS and BUNS! Practice makes perfect! So experiment with what you find on this site as well as what you find on other sites until you get what you are looking for!










Large batch Buttermilk Rolls
(for the small batch version for your bread maker click HERE)
2 cups hot water
1 cup buttermilk
3 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter softened
8+ cups flour (plus some for kneading)
3 tsp instant yeast
Do you want to see some other recipes that use buttermilk? Below are two yummy ones for you!
Happy baking! Stay tuned for more yummy things to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those look so yummy.

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...