Friday, May 27, 2011

~Chewy gooey congo bars




Little chef and I made this a while back. In the picture below the bars were not completely cool yet thus the overflow of chocolate. It does firm up nicely though as it cools leaving you with a bit less of a messy version! Refrigerating overnight makes this bar yummier!



Chewy gooey congo bars



Ingredients:






~4 eggs



~1 cup margarine (or butter)



~1 1/2 cups brown sugar



~3/4 cup sugar



~1/2 cup milk



~1 tsp almond extract



~4 1/2 cups flour



~5 tsp baking powder



~1 1/2 cups chocolate chips



~1 cup chopped almonds






Method: Same as any other square or bar recipe!! You all know about the wet and dry ingredients:)



Bake in a greased 11x16 inch pan for about 18 minutes in a 350F oven until a nice golden in colour. chill before serving!



6 comments:

Thia said...

Hi there. I hope things are well on your end. I lost the link to your other blog. I knew it would happen...

Daniel and Jaynee Lockwood and Family said...

These look soooooooooooooo yummy! I miss chocolate chips so much! The true sacrifices of missionary living! ha! :) Summer vacation begins June 4th and in preparation for it, I listed a few more blogs that I've wanted to read now that school's "out" and summer always is more relaxed around here.
I added both of your blogs to my favorites and am looking forward to getting to know you more and trying some of these delicious looking recipes! I love new cooking/baking ideas! I love to bake especially. I made your cinnamon roll recipe this past week and, um, I think they lasted about 20 minutes. They were soooooo good!
Thank you for all your comments/encouragement...you have brightened my day so often! :) Have a good in the Lord!

Tereza said...

Thia: I emailed you the link:)

Jaynee: I'm so happy you tried the cinnamon rolls! They last about that long here too I'm also very happy you'll be reading my blog as yours is numero uno on my favorites list

Cinnamon said...

Hey there! Oh my goodness!!! Your bars are dripping with chocolate and quite tempting. The sad part is I don't think Rosie can handle a large quantity of chocolate yet :-(

You asked me on my blog about my hair. I left a note for you in the comments section of our blog but I thought I'd come over and visit and leave one here too.

I have absolutely *no* hair care tips. My hair is God designed curly and all I do is: wash, condition and put it up.

I do find that drinking Mama's Red Raspberry Tea helps my hair shine.

Thank you for stopping by~ Cinnamon

missionarymomma said...

These look so good. I'm missing chocolate chips already.

The Perpetually Pregnant Papist said...

AHHH!! Those look addictive.

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...