Sunday, October 31, 2010

Banana cream pie

Well almost.....I did use store bought crusts......but the filling.....oh the filling is delicious and a great way to use milk:)!!!!!!





Banana Cream Pie
Ingredients:
~3 cups milk
~4 eggs separated
~3/4 cup milk
~1 tsp vanilla
~1 cup sugar
~3/4 cup flour
~2 sliced bananas (plus more for decorating)
~coconut for decorating
~2 baked pie shells
~dash of icing sugar (optional)
~1tbs cornstarch (optional)



Method:
Bring 3 cups of milk to a boil in a nonstick pan. In the meantime sperate the eggs and beat the yolks until fluffy. Then add the 3/4 cup milk, vanilla, sugar and flour. Beat well and slowly pour into the boiling milk stirring constantly. Cook on medium low for a few minutes until desired thickness is achieved (it will thicken a bit more as it cools off). Remove from heat and stir in the sliced bananas and pour into prebaked pie shells. Beat the egg whites with a dash of icing sugar and and a tbs of cornstarch until stiff and spread over pies. Bake until golden in color. OR save the egg white for something else and spread thickly with whipped cream. Garnish with sliced bananas and sprinkle with coconut! YUM!!

I had little chef do the banana slicing!!

This is seriously yummy!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gained a pound looking at that. It looks so YUMMMMMMMY!

Jessi said...

I am craving pies right now really bad. I think my baby has a sweet tooth! There are so many I want to bake--cherry, apple, pumpkin, pecan, . . . and now you've just added another one to my list. I can't bake them all at one time because it will take my little family forever to eat that much pie! Oh, well, one at a time after we move. I want to try this yummy looking recipe!

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

These fluffy  muffins are gluten free, dairy free  and not overly sweet. The pecans on the top add a nice crunch.  You could also just omit ...